Remember: Mass Transit is the best way to get to Yankee Stadium
Directions By Subway
One East 161st Street, Bronx, NY 10451
The Yankee Stadium subway stop is located on East 161st Street and River Avenue. The No. 4 train (East Side) and the B and D trains (West Side) make stops at 161st Street/Yankee Stadium. A trip from Midtown Manhattan takes approximately 25 minutes.
For more information, call the MTA at (718) 330-1234 or visit http://www.mta.info.
Directions By Train
MTA Metro-North Railroad's Yankees - E. 153rd Street Station, located on the Hudson Line, takes you out to Yankee Stadium without having to deal with the hassles of parking, tolls and traffic.
Getting to and from Yankee Steadium is a one-ticket ride from the Hudson, Harlem and New Haven lines. Click here for MTA Metro-North Railroad Schedules ».
The NYPD Transit Bureau Crime Prevention Unit would like all fans to follow these basic safety tips while utilizing the subway system:
- Please put away all electronic devices such as, Ipods and cell phones before entering the subway station.
- If you must use these devices, please do not sit or stand next to the train doors with these items in your hands.
- Be aware of pickpockets in crowded places, especially on crowded trains and platforms.
- Please keep wallets in your front pocket, not your back pocket.
- Keep purses and handbags in front of you at all times, not slung over your shoulder. Keeping your property in front of you will help prevent someone from opening your bags without your knowledge.
- Please do not sleep on train or platform benches - you will become an easy target for a pickpocket. If you are tired stand up or walk to another part of the train when it stops at the station - do not walk though the train car doors unless directed to do so by a police officer or an MTA employee.
- Please remain alert and be aware of your surrounding at all times, especially when using the Metro Card Vending Machines. Use the mirror on the machine to view the area behind you. If you feel uncomfortable at all, walk away from the machine.
- Please if you see something - say something, Safety is everyone's responsibility.
Directions By Bus
Several New York City Transit bus lines provide service to Yankee Stadium. The Bx6 and Bx13 buses stop at 161st Street and River Avenue. Also, the Bx1 bus stops at 161st Street and the Grand Concourse - a short walk from Yankee Stadium. For more information, call the MTA at (718) 330-1234 or visit http://www.mta.info.
Directions By Ferry
For details and schedule information, call (800) 53-FERRY (533-3779).